Step by Step Thread on How to Delete and Add Polygon Network to MetaMask

Hey Everyone,

I decided to create another Step by Step Thread focused on deleting and adding the Polygon Network to MetaMask. A lot of community members have been encountering a lot of issues with their current RPC not connecting to the network. Not being able to connect to the network stops people from being able to lock their Maha on the governance website and also stops them from viewing the crypto in their wallet on the Polygon Network. Hopefully, this thread helps community members solve this issue! As always, if you need any additional help or have constructive feedback please let me know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Step 1: Delete Current Polygon RPC from MetaMask

• Open your MetaMask wallet.

• Now, ensure that your MetaMask Is connected to the “Ethereum Mainnet”. To do this select the downward pointing arrow to the left of the multicolored circle and click it.

• Next, click the multicolored circle in the upper right corner of the wallet.

• Now click “Settings”.

• Scroll down to “Networks” and click it.

• Locate “Polygon” and click it.

• Scroll down and click “Delete”. When you delete the Polygon network it does NOT delete your cryptocurrency on the network. It only deletes the connection.

• Congratulations you have successfully deleted the previous connection to Polygon!

Step 2: Adding the Polygon Network to MetaMask

• Go to Polygon Web Wallet v2.

• You will arrive on a page that displays multiple wallets. Click “MetaMask”.

• A MetaMask pop up window will appear asking you to input your MetaMask password. Please input your MetaMask password. I would like to reiterate that this is NOT your secret security phrase.

• After you input your MetaMask password, the window will transition to a “Signature Request”. Click “Sign” to continue.

• You will then arrive on the Polygon Wallet main page.

• In the upper right hand corner of the web page click “Switch to Polygon”.

• A new window will appear that states, “Allow this site to add a network?” Click “Approve”.

• This window will transition and it will state, “Allow this site to switch the network?” Click “Switch network”.

• Congratulations you have successfully re-added the Polygon Network to MetaMask!

• However, there may be some cases in which the directions above do not work. Thus, you will have to manually add the Polygon Network to your MetaMask. If the directions above did not work for you, please continue to the next several bullet points.

• To manually add the Polygon Network to your MetaMask began by opening your MetaMask.

• Click the multicolored circle in the top right corner of MetaMask.

• Then go to and click “Settings”.

• Scroll down and click “Networks”. Then click “Add Network”.

• Please input the information into the boxes as shown in the picture below.

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 10.46.31 AM

• Now click “Save”. Congratulations you have successfully added the Polygon Network to MetaMask!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for taking the time to put this together. I have been trying to get my head around how to do this so it has helped. I have managed to add the Polygon network to Metamask now but my maha tokens are not showing since switching network. I have tried to switch back to Ethereum but I’m not having any luck. Do you know how I can get my maha to show while in polygon?

Hey Jimbo,

I’m glad that you found this guide helpful! So, to get Maha to show in Polygon you have to make sure add the polygon contract address. Make sure you are on the Polygon Network. Then scroll down to “Import Token” and click that. Then paste " 0xeDd6cA8A4202d4a36611e2fff109648c4863ae19 " into “Token Contract Address”. Then just click “Add Custom Token” and you should be able to see you Maha on polygon!

1 Like

Thanks Dor3ann for getting back to me. Slowly but surely getting my head around everything. The step-by–step guides are a great help.

No problem! Yeah, crypto can be a lot to understand, but keep at it and you’ll get it! I’m glad the guides are able to help you! :slight_smile: