Step by Step Thread on How to Add the Binance Network to MetaMask

Hey Everyone,

With the upcoming Forward IBO I have been receiving a lot of questions about how to connect to the Binance Network. So, once again, I decided to create another guide to help guide new and experienced investors through this process. If you have any questions or critiques about this guide, please feel free to ask them! I hope this guide is able to help you!

2 Likes

Step 1: Downloading MetaMask

• Using Google Chrome go to https://metamask.io/.

• In the upper right corner click “Download”.

• The window will transition and display three different options for you to download.

• Click “Chrome” and it will be highlighted in blue. Now click “Install MetaMask for Chrome”

• After clicking “Install MetaMask for Chrome”, a new tab or window will open and you will be taken to the “Chrome Web Store”.

• Now click “Add to Chrome”.

• A small block box will appear. Please click “Add Extension”.

• After clicking “Add Extension” a new tab or window will open. In this new tab or window click “Get Started”.

• Now click “Create a Wallet”. Once again, the web page will transition.

• You are now on a page that says “Help Us Improve MetaMask”. On this page MetaMask is asking if they can track your usage data.

• If you do not want MetaMask to track your usage data, click “No Thanks”. If you want MetaMask to track your usage data, click “I agree”. You will be taken to the same page regardless of the option that you pick.

• You will now be asked to create a password. This password will be used to access your wallet in the web browser. Please create a password.

• After you have created a password, please ensure that you click the box immediately to the left of “I have read and agree to the Terms of Use”.

• Now click “Create”.

• Once again the web page will transition and you will arrive on a page that says “Secure you Wallet”.

• Please take a moment to watch this video and read all the information on this page. This video informs you about your secret recovery phrase or seed phrase. Now click “Next”.

• You are now on the “Secret Recovery Phrase” page. Click the box that says “Click Here To Reveal Secret Words”.

• Write this phrase down on a sheet of paper in order from top left going right sequentially until you reach the final word at the bottom right. If you record these words out of order, you will not have access to your wallet.

• Do NOT take a picture of this phase or save it on any electronic device, because you will be at risk of having your cryptocurrency stolen. Furthermore, you should never give someone this phrase because you will be at risk of having your cryptocurrency stolen.

• After you have written down this phrase on a sheet of paper, click “Next”.

• You will then transition to a page that requires you to confirm your secret recovery phase. Click each word of your secret recovery phrase in order. Now, click “Confirm”.

• Congratulations! You have successfully set up your MetaMask Wallet!

1 Like

Step 2: Adding the Binance Network to MetaMask

• Go to PancakeSwap.

• Now click “Connect Wallet” located in the upper right corner of the browser.

• After you click “Connect Wallet” a page will appear that displays multiple wallets. Click “MetaMask”.

• A MetaMask pop up window will appear asking you to input your MetaMask password. Please input your MetaMask password. I would like to reiterate that this is NOT your secret security phrase.

• After you input your MetaMask password, the window will transition to a “Signature Request”. Click “Sign” to continue. If you do not receive a signature request, it is fine. Please continue to the next step.

• The MetaMask window will transition to a window that states, “Allow this site to add a network?” Click “Approve”.

• The window will then transition to a window that states, “Allow this site to switch network?” Click “Switch Network”.

• Congratulations you have successfully added the Binance Network to MetaMask!

• However, there may be some cases in which the directions above do not work. Thus, you will have to manually add the Binance Network to your MetaMask. If the directions above did not work for you, please continue to the next several bullet points.

• To manually add the Binance Network to your MetaMask began by opening your MetaMask.

• Click the multicolored circle in the top right corner of MetaMask.

• Then go to and click “Settings”.

• Scroll down and click “Networks”. Then click “Add Network”.

• Please input the information into the boxes as shown in the picture below.

• Now click “Save”. Congratulations you have successfully added the Polygon Network to MetaMask!

1 Like